The love of Beatrix Potter’s ‘small books for small hands’ has been passed down through generations, delighting readers across the world to this day. Following the success of ‘The Tale of Peter Rabbit’, the author and illustrator returned to rabbits for several of her little tales, knowing the adventurous bunnies were firm favourites with her young readers. Flopsy Bunny is the third rabbit, following Peter and Benjamin, to be featured on a UK 50p coin, continuing our series celebrating the life and work of Beatrix Potter.
For this new coin Flopsy Bunny is pictured wearing her recognisable little cape, which has been highlighted by colour printing. The coin has been struck in sterling silver and finished to our pristine Proof standard. This is part of a Limited Edition Presentation and comes in a clear display case with a booklet exploring the world of the Flopsy Bunnies.
- The first and only official United Kingdom coin to feature Peter Rabbit’s sister, Flopsy Bunny
- Struck in sterling silver and finished to pristine Proof standard
- Flopsy Bunny is highlighted by bright colour printing
- Presented in a modern acrylic case – a lovely addition to any bookcase
- Limited to just 35,000 editions
- Struck in silver – an ideal christening or birthday gift
- Endorsed by Beatrix’s original publishers, Frederick Warne & Co. (a Penguin Random House company)
Flopsy Bunny 2018 UK 50p Silver Proof Coin
Denomination 50p Metal .925 Silver Size 27.30mm Weight 8.0gms Quality Proof Mintage 35,000